Become a Youth Mental Health First Aider
June 22 @ 9:00 am - June 23 @ 4:30 pm| £230
Our Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. Young people are welcome on the course but if you’re under the age of 16 we need consent from your parent or guardian.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan. You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
When you complete the two days you’ll get a certificate to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider.